Popular Posts
-
As An Adult - by J. Hillard I love my husbands warm embrace. I love the sound of my children’s laughter. I love being taken away to a n...
-
Some one pinch me! I am going on a date with my husband tonight! Ideally we have always talked about going out at least once a month so that...
-
I love to shop, but 1) do not have the funds to do so on a regular basis, and 2) am far to busy to have free time to spend shopping even if ...
-
Recital - by J. Hillard I remember the light’s glare off of the white keys. What were they called? I could not remember. A, B, C. Oh, ...
-
I just returned from yet another depressing trip to the grocery store. I am in weekly shock of the final cost when the cashier presents me w...
-
Before school today my 3 little monkeys gave me my birthday gifts from them...it is always a treat. Josh is wonderful...he lets them all com...
-
What a great snowy day! It is beautiful to watch it come down and pile up. Realizing I am not the one to clean up the snow it does not make ...
-
Stubborn Attitude - by J. Hillard Bless my oh so stubborn attitude no matter how frustrated it makes others. Bless the way it will not le...
-
Woo-wee! I braved the mad holiday shopping rush today with my biggest guy Noah and thankfully we came home in one piece! :-) It was a great ...
-
The coffee passes my lips and I sigh. It is Friday morning and I am sitting in a classroom, one of my four classrooms, getting ready for my ...
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Holiday Rush
Woo-wee! I braved the mad holiday shopping rush today with my biggest guy Noah and thankfully we came home in one piece! :-) It was a great learning experience for him as far as running into so many folks asking for donations for their specific causes. We not only saw many Salvation Army kettles and bell ringers, but a fire department was out at one of the large shopping centers in full force. It gave me an opportunity to explain about the season of giving in a new way as my 7 year old was all ears. Then he had the chance to be a giver as he got to give money to one of the charities. It really seemed to make his day. I can only hope he continues to understand and demonstrate generosity as he grows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment